||The Game Manufacturers Association
Job Title: Exhibitor Relations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Paid time off, medical insurance and optional retirement
Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week, some extended hours for events, some travel required
Mission of The Game Manufacturers Association (GAMA) Founded in 1977, GAMA has expanded to become the premier trade association for the hobby games industry. Our mission is to promote the general interest of all persons engage in the designing, publishing and retailing of tabletop games including board, collectible card, miniatures and role-playing games. GAMA achieves this through hosting consumer and trade shows, industry events, educational programs, networking and advocacy efforts for our members.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of progressively responsible event or project management experience
- Combination of association and corporate experience a plus
- Comfortable with sales environment and customer focused service
- Diverse range of experience including but not limited to annual conferences, exhibition management, meetings, workshops, sales, customer services and project management.
- Team focus but independent judgment and vision
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact in a firm but highly collaborative fashion
- Solutions-oriented, creative problem solver with an attention to detail
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically, changing environment.
- Team player with a strong customer service focus
- Serve as primary contact for event exhibitors to ensure a positive customer service experience
- Handle all exhibitor solicitation, negotiations, contracting and management to retain and acquire new members and/or exhibitors for growing portfolio of events
- Manage all exhibitors’ logistical needs including booth selection, event submission, and assisting with external service providers (electrician, decorator, rigging, catering, etc.…)
- Work with association staff to manage fulfillment of exhibitor agreements and deliverables
- Evaluate and maintain event budgets against pre-set spending limits. Provide clients with accurate budget estimates pre-event and ensure any additional services during the event are properly billed to exhibitor
- Maintain department files and notebooks
- Serve in a support role for other association programs and services, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
This position is based at GAMA office in Columbus Ohio. Some travel will be required, both domestically and potentially internationally.
Interested candidates should include their salary history with cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com